Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thunder crashed on the scene in the park. They were getting nowhere. She remained under the dark trees in her huddled position as a shadow like figure approached her slowly. She stared at the figure cautiously. She could hear the mud of the park suck at the approaching entities shoes.

“Teli? I am Mr. Kimbal. I want you to come with me.” The man stood over her. All she could see is a dark outline.

“Leave me be.” She whispered.

“We want to help you. Let us help you.” Mr. Kimbal tried to reason with her.

“I do not need help. I need to be left alone.” Her monotone voice died in the rain.

“Why are you angry? Why did you run away?”

“It does not matter. I am out that is what matters.”

“Do you want to hurt people?”

“No I just want to be alone, all alone.”

“If you come with me you will be alone. Do not worry.” He stretched out his long arm to her. A moment passed in the rain.

“Do not trust you. I will not go with you. I asked nicely that you leave me alone. Please obey my wishes.” The pounding of the rain surrounded them.

“Teli, please we just want to help you. “

“No!” she shrilled, her eyes burning green. The man suddenly elevated off the ground, and he let out a scream of fright. Anger shot through her veins as she stared at the shocked man hanging above her in the air. His worthless whimpering never reached her ears. The awed police force stared in silence. The moments of endless rain fall passed as if hours. The dense stillness was pierced by a sharp explosion. As Teli’s head shot a glance in the direction of the noise, the dangling man fell in a heap to the chilled earth. The remaining men were immediately occupied in a bitter skirmish with a foe unseen by the twelve year old. Without a second notion, Teli quickly slipped into the shadows of the tall trees and made her escape.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I might suggest, is keeping the fonts all the same, I noticed a bit of a change between this post and the first section and prologue.

    I like the feel, however the language of Teli doesn't necessarily feel natural, might want to just take a check on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write it in one font in Word, but it seems to change to different fonts each time I make a new post. I'll work on it though.

    And to just comment on Teli's language, I am trying to make it sound strange. Maybe it's not coming across with the right feel. I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete